Successfully negotiating claims since 1867
Thompson & Bryan (UK) Limited work in close collaboration with our broker partners and deliver the best of both worlds with both pre and post-loss claims services. We offer unrivalled service from a long-established FCA regulated firm with over 150 years of heritage and experience in the claims sector.
We understand the day-to-day challenges brokers face in today’s competitive environment and it is imperative for us to work closely together to the benefit of our mutual clients. We want brokers to have complete confidence in the work we will perform on their client’s behalf.
We appreciate there may be initial reservations of employing or recommending external claims consultants to your clients. So here are the answers to some of those issues you or your clients may have:
Don’t clients expect their existing broker to deal with claims?
This may be true for smaller run of the mill claims but in larger and more complex claims scenarios this becomes a specialist time-consuming job. Clients understand this and appreciate the offer of supplementary expert support.
Won’t insurers loss adjuster deal with the claim?
The short answer is ‘No’, it’s always the policyholder’s responsibility to prepare & substantiate the claim at their own expense including all negotiation. The loss adjuster appointed on behalf of insurers will only check, verify and adjust the claim presented to them.
Won’t your fees be too expensive?
Our fees are always competitively rated, and clients are happy to pay for a professional service which more than covers its own cost in terms of the overall settlement achieved. Alternatively, our ‘Before The Event (BTE) ’ fees cover policy product offering allows up-front peace of mind at a modest annual premium.
What about under-insurance or any gaps in policy cover?
Our staff are experts at interpreting policy wordings and preparing / presenting data to minimise the effects of any potential under-insurance. However, where there are clear discrepancies in policy coverage part of our role is to identify these early in the claims process and first & foremost discuss the situation and potential claim recovery implications with the broker. This allows a cohesive approach to manage the client’s expectations, therefore avoiding the potential for conflict and dissatisfaction.
Will our broker/client relationship be maintained?
Absolutely 100% yes, we supplement your existing support team and deliver an excellent customer experience which will reflect well on all parties involved to assist in cementing the ongoing relationship for many more years to come, all helping to achieve the maximum retention rate possible.
Won’t insurers object if an adjuster or assessor is involved on behalf of the policyholder?
No, many insurers nowadays will even include ‘claims preparation’ clauses in their policy wordings upon request which will cover our fees. Furthermore, we are also the exclusive providers to the DAS ‘Loss Assist’ fees cover scheme with hundreds of brokers already actively selling the product via E-trade and DAS ‘Connect’ web portal to thousands of policyholders across the UK.
Some of the many benefits of engaging Thompson & Bryan as your external loss consultants include the following:
- Excellent customer service – all claims receive expert attention from our team of highly experienced qualified staff – including: – FCII, ACII, FCILA, BA (Hons), M.A, LL. B, BSc. PH. D , M Inst PLA FIICP
- Speedy claims resolution – from start to finish our aim is to settle each claim in the optimum time, meeting your client’s expectations.
- Full transparency and regular update reports to your own internal Account Handlers & Executives
- Provides a strong differentiator over your competitors
- Assists with Prospecting and New Business acquisition – Full claims audit service available
- Increased Revenue – Our up-front ‘before-the-event’ claims proposition provides an immediate additional income stream from the sale of claims preparation fees cover policies
- Increased Retention – client feedback and testimonials received after successfully completed claims all help to cement the existing relationship and maintain strong client retention.
- Reduced internal costs and improved efficiency – keeping your own internal claims personnel requirements under control
Should you wish to receive further information or arrange a no-obligation initial meeting to discuss your ongoing commercial claims requirements, please contact either :
Paul Lawrence 07941 111920 email@example.com
Justin Osborne 07885 413616 firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and being of service to you & your clients.